Welcome to the CAL Sports Blog!
On a weekly basis, I plan to provide new Blogs with information on a specific topic that I find important to share with you. Today’s Blog will address the “Five Pillars of Behavior”.
When you arrive to CAL Sports, you will find that I focus on teaching “Five Pillars of Behavior”. I focus on these behaviors because I want to provide the best experience possible of sports performance training. Each pillar of behavior will be explained below for you to better understand how I utilize them at CAL Sports.
- COMMITMENT: Staying committed to a sport will lead to improvements in your skills over time. When you become an athlete at CAL Sports, I would like to see that you are committed to learning the skills and attending training sessions on a regular basis.
- DETERMINATION: Determination is a key quality to have for success. You will not make progress without trying your best to improve at each training session. Even after failing, you will find that you learn from mistakes which will ultimately help with becoming a better athlete.
- MOTIVATION: To keep determination constant, you will need motivation. Motivation will give you the encouragement to help you succeed at the sport of your choice. I create an environment at CAL Sports where coaches and fellow teammates motivate each other to do their best and reach their goals.
- TEAMWORK: My goal is that the athletes will bond together forming a cohesive team from the unique experience that CAL Sports offers. A focus on teamwork will teach you how to maximize each team member’s strengths. Ultimately, this leads to the creation of friendships and learning important life lessons of working together and cooperation. My coaches and I like to see each teammate encouraging one another to perform at their highest level.
- STRENGTH: Strength is gained by continuing to be engaged in the sport of choice on a regular basis. Not only will you get physically stronger by participating in a sport, but you will also find that you will become mentally stronger.
My coaches and I teach our athletes about having a positive mindset and an enduring attitude. I use these “Five Pillars of Behavior” to guide all CAL Sports athletes and provide a solid foundation to improve upon. My coaches use the latest and most efficient techniques to help you gain skills in your sport of choice. All of the pillars listed above are incorporated into each of the many sports that I offer at CAL Sports. When you or your child commits to training at CAL Sports, lessons will be learned that will reach beyond gaining skills of a sport. An example is that these “Five Pillars of Behavior” will become integrated in other aspects of your daily living besides sports. This will ultimately assist you with future success as you progress through the many journeys of life.