CAL Sports Academy is hosting an essay contest to provide several monetary awards to families in need this holiday season. As of today (12/18 at 4:30p) we went from $350 to $2,450 (thanks to the generosity of our Sponsors, Staff, and Anonymous donors). The monetary award will now be split amongst a few families that submit an essay explaining how this award will assist you with a situation or hardship during this holiday season time. Submit this essay by following the guidelines listed below and emailing before 12:00pm on Dec. 18th. Your essays will be reviewed, and a winner will be selected by a small panel of individuals determined by CAL Sports Academy (WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED BEFORE CHRISTMAS). Address all essays to Mr. Corey Lord, CEO/President of CAL Sports Academy at email@example.com.
Describe a specific situation or a type of hardship that is being experienced by your family that this monetary award can provide assistance towards.
Identify why you feel that this situation warrants your family to be awarded this money.
Explain how you will use the $350 towards assisting with overcoming the situation or hardship that is being experienced this holiday season.
How a Winner will be Chosen
A small panel of CAL Sports Academy appointed individuals will review all received essays to determine which families will be awarded a $350 award. A winner will be determined based on how well you:
- Explain the situation or hardship being experienced with specific details and a thorough explanation.
- Describe how this monetary award will be used to assist with the situation or hardship being experienced.
- Submission of the essay within the required timeframe by 12:00pm on 12/18/20.
What to Include in Your Essay
- Name, address, phone number
- Explanation of your hardship situation
- Reasons for why you feel that the money should be awarded to you
- Explanation of how the award will be used to help reduce the identified hardship situation
How to submit your Essay
- Submit your essay by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00pm on Friday. December 18, 2020.