CAL Sports Academy Community,
We are thrilled to share the exciting news that CAL Sports Academy will once again be hosting the CAL Sports Academy Holiday Monetary Award this December, now in its fourth year! We are humbled by the overwhelming support we have received from our CAL families, sponsors, anonymous donors, and dedicated CAL staff in the past. Last year, your generosity allowed us to raise a remarkable total of $4,400, far surpassing our initial goal.
As we reflect on the past years, we see the impact we have made:
- In 2020, we took our first step, raising $2,600.
- In 2021, we doubled our efforts, reaching $4,399.
- In 2022, our commitment grew, and we achieved $5,235.
- In 2023, we aim even higher, setting a goal of $5,500.
This year, CAL Sports Academy is excited to continue the spirit of giving into the holiday season. Our primary goal with the monetary award is to extend a helping hand to families facing various hardships within our community. We understand that life presents numerous challenges, from covering essential bills to providing holiday gifts for children, caring for sick family members, to putting food on the table. We started this due to the impact of COVID-19 but felt compelled to keep seeking donations as the impact has helped families with Breast cancer survivors, assisted with job loss, loss of parents, loss of a child, assisted with Christmas shopping, and much more. Our aim is to assist a select group of families during this holiday season, alleviating some of the stress they may be enduring.
The allocation of award funds will be determined through the submission of essays. These essays can either recount personal experiences of hardship from this year or be on behalf of a friend, family member, or community member, explaining why you believe they deserve this support.
Our aspiration is to surpass last year’s final tally by raising a total of $5,500 which will be divided to support multiple families in need during this Holiday Season. CAL Sports Academy is deeply committed to utilizing these funds to assist as many families as possible. We encourage everyone not to hesitate in seeking help and kindly share this opportunity with your network. Let’s extend our support to the community and bring some warmth to this holiday season.
- Describe a specific situation or type of hardship that your family is currently experiencing, where this monetary award can provide assistance.
- Explain why you believe your family deserves this financial support for the mentioned situation.
- Detail how you intend to use the award to overcome the identified hardship this holiday season.
- Submitting an essay is straightforward – it’s about sharing your story, and we’re not judging your writing abilities! If the idea of writing an “essay” feels daunting, don’t let it deter you. Reach out to Coach Corey at 844-255-3343 ex. 3 for assistance. Rest assured, all personal information will remain confidential and won’t be shared beyond the initial submission to Mr. Corey A. Lord. Anonymous essays will only be shared with a select group of sponsors to illustrate how they have made a positive impact on the community.
How Winners Will Be Selected
A small panel of CAL Sports Academy representatives, led by Mr. Corey A. Lord, will review all essays to determine the recipients of award funds (the amount varies based on donations received). Winners will be selected based on:
- A detailed and thorough explanation of the situation or hardship being experienced.
- A clear description of how the monetary award will assist in addressing the hardship.
- Submission of the essay by 12:00 p.m. on 12/15/23.
What to Include in Your Essay
- Name, address, and phone number.
- Explanation of your current hardship situation.
- Reasons for why you believe the money should be awarded to your family.
- Explanation of how the award will be used to alleviate the identified hardship.
How to Submit Your Essay
You can easily submit your essay by clicking the button below and completing the application form.
Help Us Reach Our Goal!
Now Accepting Donations Towards Our Holiday Monetary Award!
We were blown away by the support expressed last year with many families reaching out to offer donations in support of our Holiday cause. If you are interested in donating, please Venmo Corey A. Lord with the note “CAL Holiday Award”. We appreciate your support and thank you for your generosity!