ATTENTION: CAL SPORTS IS CLOSED FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS (UNTIL JANUARY 4TH) DUE TO THE GOVERNOR’S RECENT MANDATE!
CAL Sports Academy has had to close their doors until January 4, 2021 due to the Pennsylvania state mandate for gym closures to help reduce spread of the COVID infection. I know that this closure can be difficult for children and adults, but it is important that CAL Sports Academy does our part in helping to reduce the spread of this highly transmissible infection.
During this unprecedented time in history of the COVID pandemic, it can be hard for people to feel that they are in control of many aspects of their life. I’d like to provide you with some tips to assist with these feelings. I realize that you may be feeling helpless or frustrated. Instead, I’d like to ask you to write down and focus on at least 3 of your life goals. Look for ways to gain knowledge and skills to help reach these goals. Identify the aspects that you can and cannot control in your life. Then focus on those components to which you do have control and look for ways to learn, grow, and gain a new mindset towards reaching these goals.
Step 1: Prioritize
- Determine the aspects in your life that are most important to you in your daily routine.
- This will help you focus your energy on addressing those of high priority each day.
Step 2: Remove unnecessary tasks
- Try to remove the tasks from your life that are not necessary.
- Concentrate your time on those tasks that provide you with life’s necessities and bring you joy.
- This will help you focus on living a more meaningful life.
Step 3: Productivity
- You should be able to see a rise in your productivity towards those aspects in your life that you have deemed of high priority.
- Place your mind, body, and soul into meaningful tasks within your life.
Step 4: Reduce Distractions
- Social media, computer websites, games, and television networks can distract you from paying attention to your life priorities.
- Precious time in your life can be wasted through watching an endless stream of programs, videos, or computer-related games.
- Focus on media that helps you get closer to attaining your life goals.
- Find an interesting podcast that can help you learn something new.
- Spend time learning new information that can make your time feel more valuable.
- Gain new knowledge and skills that can assist you with reaching your life goals.
Step 5: Change your mindset
- The outcome of your life can be dependent on your mindset for each day.
- Develop a mindset that is congruent with your life goals and plan.
- This will bring you closer to achieving greater happiness throughout your life.
- Focus on positive ideas and actions each day.
Step 6: Decision making
- When making everyday decisions in your life, keep in mind your life priorities, values, and goals.
- Make sure that the choices you make each day help bring you closer to meeting these life goals.
During this challenging time of the pandemic, consider these 6 steps as you go through life each day. This will help you focus on the aspects in your life that you do have control and can possibly lead you closer to achieving greater meaning and happiness within your life.